We want you to meet the women behind-the-scenes here at O’Connor Mortuary. These 5 ladies work full-time to be the first to answer the phone, prepare and file all of our paperwork, ensure quality & efficiency, and most of all, they help us look good!
We are happy to introduce to you, the Admin Ladies of O’Connor Mortuary!
First up is . . .
Diana – The Voice of O’Connor & our lovely Receptionist
2. What made you consider working at a mortuary? I never thought I’d see myself here. I faxed over my resume to Jeff Turner, and I didn’t even know what company I was faxing it to. When I came in for the interview Jeff & Pat made me feel so comfortable, like family instantly! I even got a hug!
3. What is a random fact about you that not many people know? I’m a River Rat! I love to go to Lake Havasu & the Colorado River! I have been going there for 38 years.
4. What is your favorite hobby/thing to do after work? I love to exercise, it makes me feel better everyday! Boating and water-skiing have always been a favorite sport of mine. Just spending time out on the water with our friends and family, means the world to me!
5. Why do you do what you do? I find it very rewarding to help our families in their time of needs. The staff I work with, are all amazing! I love coming to work everyday. Not only do I see the caring and compassionate people that I work with, I also see how they interact with our families. You can’t ask for a more trusting staff.
Shayna – Administrative Specialist
1. How long have you worked for O’Connor Mortuary? I have worked for the mortuary for 1 year and 4 months, almost to the day.
2. What made you consider working at a mortuary? I found out about the job thru Diana Williams and love the administrative job field. I also wanted to help the families in need and know that they will get taken care of in any way. When I had my interview I realized right away that this was more than just a place to work. It was a family. All the people here were not just here for a pay check, they were here to truly take care of every family we serve like it was there own.
3. What is a random fact about you that not many people know? Something that most people might not know . . . I am a homebody I would rather stay home and have people come over than going out. I also love to be comfy and could wear sweats all day, everyday!
4. What is your favorite hobby/thing to do after work? My favorite thing to do after work is go home and take my puppy, Babalu for a walk with my fiancé Brad. After the walk we usually just relax together and have some dinner.
5. Why do you do what you do? I do my job here because it makes me feel good to know that I am helping a family in need, I know that I will do my job to the best of my ability and give the family everything they need. I love the fact that I know when a family comes to O’Connor Mortuary they and their loved one will be taken care of like family and everything will go smoothly for them.
Lori – AdministrativeSpecialist/Marker Manager /& Blogger Extraordinaire!
2. What made you consider working at a mortuary? I served in the Memorial Ministry at Saddleback Church and after dealing with the staff at O’Connor, knew I wanted to be part of a great team.
3. What is a random fact about you that not many people know? I have a Master’s Degree in Education and planned on spending my career as an elementary school teacher.
4. What is your favorite hobby/thing to do after work? Walk my dogs and talk to my neighbors.
5. Why do you do what you do? Because I truly think it is my calling. I was never given the chance to grieve when I lost my father because nobody ever talked about it. I am learning how to deal with grief from years ago while helping others through their journey.
I hope it is not too cliche, but I just love people!
Kari – Administrative Specialist
1. How long have you worked for O’Connor Mortuary? I worked for O’Connor from 1998-2003 and then came back in September of 2011. Love this place!
2. What made you consider working at a mortuary? My mom worked here, and they were looking for an admin girl to file Death Certificates. I had a medical background, and wanted to be able to use my schooling in some capacity. Talking to Doctor’s and the Coroner to obtain medical information for the deceased was right up my alley.
3. What is a random fact about you that not many people know? I was a nursing student at LACo/USC school of Nursing when I had my first child. I made the decision to stay home. I’ve never regretted it for a minute. My kids are my greatest treasure. Being able to be home and attend all their activities was a huge blessing in my life. When I worked for O’Connor in 2001 I got pregnant with my 4th and final baby. Once again I was faced with a decision and after tying to do both, I decided I needed to be home with my kids.
4. What is your favorite hobby/thing to do after work? I love to read. It’s my favorite form of relaxation.
5. Why do you do what you do? Considering the fact that I’ve returned after years at home, it must be for the pure pleasure that I get from the work and working for such an amazing organization. I have been in love with this place since my mom started working here over 20 years ago. I have always felt as if I was a part of something so much bigger than entering information into a computer and checking items off a list. I am a part of a family who strives every day to make a difference in the lives of those who have lost and are hurting. I don’t just have a job, I have a profession that is meaningful and necessary, not just to me, but to those that I serve.
And last but certainly not least . . .
Amy – Administrative Specialist Manager
2. What made you consider working at a mortuary? I started working in this profession 2 days out of high school and I never really had to consider it. I just looked at it as a job and not different then any other job at the time. If you asked me today it would be to serve the families. To come beside them and shepherd them.
3. What is a random fact about you that not many people know? I am afraid of heights!
4. What is your favorite hobby/thing to do after work? Be with my 2 daughters and go to Disneyland.
5. Why do you do what you do? I enjoy helping people during one of the most difficult times in their life.
Thank you for learning about our staff! Have you ever met any of them?
Tell us about your interaction!
Happy Admin Day to all you Administrative Pro’s out there!!